Thank you! I'm new to GeoServer, only using it since 2 days so still trying to get my head around everything but so far it's an amazing product that has helped me a lot. This is not so much a bug as a graphical enhancement. The flag (pennant) correctly symbolizes each 50 knots, it's just that it should be filled instead of just outlined. I'm not a dev nor meteorologist but I am an airline pilot so I read these wind maps on a daily basis :-)

I've found where it's created in the code now, but Java is not my first language so I would not dare to go as far as to creating a PR myself. At least I don't have to keep looking for a configuration somewhere that would do the trick.

Again, thanks!

/Niklas

On 2021-03-11 09:20, Ian Turton wrote:
If you think there is a bug in the wind barb rendering then please start out by telling us what you think it should be and why you think that. This can then go into a bug report, and finally you can follow that up with a PR containing the code to fix the problem. At present we have no idea if this is a problem or not (remember none of the devs are meteorologists).

Ian