From: Jody Garnett <jody.garn...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 10:50 AM
To: mchar...@datascoutpro.com
Cc: GeoServer Users <geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] PropertyIsLike Wildcard Does Not Capture
Carriage Return

The filter is here
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/main/modules/library/main/src/main/java/org/geotools/filter/LikeFilterImpl.java

The eventual conversion to a java pattern is here
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/main/modules/library/main/src/main/java/org/geotools/filter/LikeToRegexConverter.java
 and there is a method to recognize and fix special characters - and newline is
not on the list.

Looking a little more at java Pattern
(https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html)
matcher used:

- The newline character is special to the java pattern matcher, so support
would need to be added to LikeToRegexConverter

- The pattern matcher has a flag for MULTILINE which is not used

So you are not missing anything, support for multiline is not implemented /
available.

As a workaround I suggest doing a string substitution using
<https://docs.geotools.org/stable/userguide/library/main/function_list.html#strreplace-string-search-replace-all-returns-string>
  function call on your adr_label and pass the result to PropertyIsLike

Jody