Hello everyone -

I have installed Geoserver 2.19.0 on an Ubuntu 20.04 server, under Tomcat
with Nginx as reverse proxy. I can log in to the web interface using the
server IP  Number, something like 123.45.67.89:8080/geoserver. This gives
me full access. It also appears to work when I use the dedicated URL I have
set up, so the URL is working properly (I also pinged it). However, after
entering the default name and password in Geoserver, the address in my
browser bar reverts from the URL to http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/web -
and it connects to localhost on my local machine, where I also have
geoserver running! Of course I have emptied the browser cache and I've
searched all over GIS Stack Exchange but still can't find the solution. My
tomcat.conf (which replaces nginx default if I've understood correctly)
looks like this:

server {
  listen 80;

  server_name    geo.timetochange.today;
  access_log /var/log/nginx/tomcat-access.log;
  error_log /var/log/nginx/tomcat-error.log;

  location / {
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
        proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080/;
  }
}

I would be totally grateful for any help with this issue.

all the best, Brian Holmes