On 20.10.21 14:03, Russ Hore wrote:
Ah, I am not sure about Jetty but for Tomcat, it does not matter if
the data folder is 777/rwxrwxrwx, if it is not listed in the
tomcat.service file, it can't be written to, as far as I am aware
under Tomcat9.
I'm 100% sure that Jetty / the Servlet can write to the data directory,
because can I see it doing it - the logfile for example is in there. ;-)

Also the mountpoint of the datafolder did not change - my question may
have been formulated a bit unprecise. I moved the data do a different
partition (was running out of space on the old one) and mounted it to
the same mountpoint as the old one. So from the point of view of Jetty
nothing changed. There is simply a different partition behind the same
mountpoint.

Thus my question still stands: Can I safely delete the offending
configuration folder in gwc-layers or will this mess up something in the
GWC configuration and make the situation worse? The error I'm getting is:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not locate a layer or layer group
with id LayerInfoImpl--fd40ab5:166e9af110c:-273f within GeoServer
configuration, the GWC configuration seems to be out of synch

Kind regards,
Steffen