Hi Jukka,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I guess that I am then not understanding the mechanisms behind WMS.

Let me clarify that *I do not know* if it is faster when it shows a smaller
area, I am trying to test it out - so I would like to ask whether it is
possible for GeoServer to limit what part of the world's bathymetry map it
serves to a certain geographical extent.

Thanks again for any help,

Nikola