Hello!

I think most of you have heard of the LOG4J vulnerability these days:
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-44228

As far as I see GeoServer 2.20.1 uses still Log4J Version
1 log4j-1.2.17.jar and luckily is not affected by the problem itself. On
the other hand the used log4j version 1 is not officially supported since
2015: "...Please note that Log4j 1.x has reached end of life and is no
longer supported. Vulnerabilities reported after August 2015 against Log4j
1.x were not checked and will not be fixed. Users should upgrade to Log4j 2
to obtain security fixes...." (
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/security.html)

Are there any plans of integrating log4j Version 2 in GeoServer?

Thanks for your short feedback and all the best,
Michael