I ran into Ralf’s issue below myself, also on 2.21.1.  The response I sent to
Abin also alluded to this.  Workaround is not specifying a namespace or using
the default namespace

Has an issue been created?  I can’t seem to find it.

My partial investigation:

Suppose the incoming URL
is:http://geoserver.xxx/geoserver/SomeWorkspace/wfs?service=WFS&version=2.0.0&request=GetFeature&count=25&typenames=ns28:somelayer&namespaces=xmlns(xml,http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace),xmlns(ns28,something.we.define/SomeWorkspace),xmlns(wfs,http://www.opengis.net/wfs/2.0)

A breakpoint on BaseFeatureKvpRequestReader checkTypeName gives:

Qname has:( (Localpart =”somelayer”, prefix = “”,
namespaceUri=”something.we.define/SomeWorkspace”)

(so toString gives:  ”{something.we.define/SomeWorkspace}/somelayer”)

Note how the prefix has become empty and is not “ns28” anymore

This seems to be generated by WFSWorkspaceQualifier.qualifyTypeName, which
replaces the prefix by its corresponding namespace URI.

So 1 of these 2 classes seems to have a bug:

  *   Either WFSWorkspaceQualifier should not empty the prefix
  *   OR BaseFeatureKvpRequestReader.checkTypeName should not override the
namespace URI when the prefix is empty

Hans Yperman
Department IT
[cid:image001.png@01D8D73D.CA3AD5E0]