Cory Horner wrote:
Jody Garnett wrote:

Cory Horner wrote:

In PostGIS and WFS such code was certainly broken or incomplete. We will take a closer look, and rewrite as necessary.
It worked the last time I looked into it ... check with the module maintainer Justin for a sanity check.

Jesse had a chat with Chris this morning... I am currently looking at merging SQLUnpacker and PostPreFilterSplitterStuff into a single solution.
Cool.

Jesse said the thing that the Filter splitter did better was functions, but looking at the code I'm not sure how that's happening? All I can find is one more FUNCTION capability, that isn't granular at all, and seems to only test the geometryType function. I would love to see something that properly splits on functions, and indeed encodes functions that it can handle, but this appears not to do it. Is there a plan to do that? Or is this really just equivalent? (I am fine if it's equivalent if you guys prefer to maintain that, since I'm not doing maintenance on SQLUnpacker, though it hasn't needed it for 3 years). But yeah, from a geoserver perspective it'd be great if we started to pass functions back to the database to handle where possible.

Chris

Cheers,
Cory.

!DSPAM:1003,44bbee7088532207481331!