Well I am new in this business, and I have not a serious knowledge of general
picture, but the first option inside Justin's comment looks right for me.

org.geotools.xml.filter.v1_0
org.geotools.xml.filter.v1_1
org.geotools.xml.gml.v2
org.geotools.xml.gml.v3

Maybe we need to add version for "org.geotools.filter.text" package, something
like:

org.geotools.filter.text.cql.v2_0

It would be only a convention, because we only have one implementation
actually.

By other hand, after our last conversation with Jody about the "best package"
for CQL we move the cql to "org.geotools.text.filter".

Is there a mistake in "Description Section"? (swap text and filter)
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Provide+common+parsers+in+a+consistent+fashion

Mauricio Pazos