Sunburned Surveyor a écrit :
> The CRS.findMathTransform method led me to the
> CoordinateOperationFactory interface.
>
> I'm guessing that a Plug-In like the EPSG WKT Wiki mentioned in the
> Referencing Wiki implements this interface and actually contains the
> logic for the transformation. So I probably need to look there for the
> actual code in the CoordinateOperationFactory that generates the
> CoordinateOperation that is wrapped to the MathTransform and delivered
> to the CRS class.

The WKT-backed EPSG factory doesn't implement this interface.

The Database-backed EPSG factories (like HSQL backed) are much more
sophesticated and do implement the CoordinateOperationAuthorityFactory
interface. But this interface just looks for transformation paths explicitly
defined for a given pair of source and target CRS. For the default fallback used
in the general case (as explained in my previous email), you need to look at
DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory, which is not related to any EPSG plugin.

> P.S. - I'm wondering where I might find the code for the ESPG WKT
> Plug-In. I didn't see it in the referencing module of the SVN.

I would not suggest to look at it; it would not provide much information, and I
hope to remove it from the Geotools code base later in the hope to reduce the
disprencies often reported (axis order, missing bursa-wolf parameters, etc.)

        Martin