Andrea Aime wrote:
> Ok ok... having that visitor everywhere filters are build or consumed
> is going to be very ugly, but if that's "the way", so be it...
Thanks for understanding Andrea; I mostly want the ability to represent
exactly what the user asked for.

Having a sanity check before you encode the filter is just going to be
safer. XML parsing, CQL parsing, and various FilterFactories already
available it is best to perform any QA checks you need prior to use.