Jody and Gabriel,

I have a few questions about the ISO Feature Model implementation
(community-schemas/fm). I am porting it to trunk, and therefore GeoAPI
2.2 (from 2.1). I have picked through Justin and Jody's comments on the
GeoAPI wiki, but not all is clear.

(1) TypeFactory is gone. It did look rather nasty. Is there a suitable
replacement, or is this interface now disowned by GeoAPI?

(2) FeatureCollection is gone. I assume the replacement is
Collection<Feature>? If so, where where does metadata for a collection
live, now that FeatureCollectionType is no more? If FeatureCollection is
meant to become Collection<Feature>, we will, because of type erasure,
have lost the capability to do "instanceof FeatureCollection", not to
mention "instanceof FeatureCollectionType". This will cause some code to
be unimplementable.

(3) And what happens to all the sundry collection classes in
or.geotools.feature.iso.collection?

I can, of course, use the concrete classes to get things going, but it
would be nice to do things properly. Is there a GeoAPI migration guide
(other than the front page of the wiki)? Many of the changes are
straightforward, but a few are cryptic and would benefit from a guide.

Any suggestions or recommendations, particularly on how to handle
collections, would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining