From: Jody Garnett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 8 September 2008 12:25 PM
To: Caradoc-Davies, Ben (E&M, Kensington)
Cc: Gabriel Roldán; Geotools-Devel list; Andrea Aime; Atkinson, Rob (CLW, Lucas
Heights)
Subject: Re: [Geotools-devel] Status of sql-datastore and geometryless on trunk?

The idea of sql-datastore (ie a DataStore with a SQL shaped hole in the
API so you could do joins and mapping) is an experimental idea that has
always been on a branch. I have encouraged several developers now (RobA
being the most recent) to submit a proposal to GeoTools to make a formal
interface for this idea. However with the recent H2 family of datastores
being written you are going to have a bit more work cut out for you -
there will no longer be a common JDBCDataStore to hack up and you will
need to define an interface.

So you may want to talk to the developers and make a proposal now while
the H2 family is being defined...

My impression is that RobA is the maintainer of both sql-datastore and
geometryless. You can check the pom.xml file to be sure. My understand
is Rob is the only person you need to talk to about bring that work forward.

Jody