Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
> features. The intent is to get rid of the nasty adapters used in
> community-schemas-ds to smuggle ISO features in the old gt2 feature
> model, and use the clean opengis Feature API (GeoAPI). This requires
> consistent use of the opengis API throughout.
Sounds great :-)
> It appears to me that GML3 (gt-xsd-gml3) on trunk is very similar to
> that on 2.4.x, and that the migration from 2.4.x to trunk of GML3
> largely consisted of changing the binding of features from the old gt2
> Feature to opengis SimpleFeature (not opengis Feature). For example
> AbstractFeatureTypeBinding has getType, parse, and encode that all
> operate on SimpleFeature. I can find no mention of opengis Feature in
> GML3 on trunk.
You are correct; we are waiting on any source of "Feature" (ie we are
waiting on you). Until there is a source of complex Features we have no
ability to work this data structure.

I suspect you will want to make a new "configuration" that handles the
complex feature case?
> (1) Am I correct in my understanding that GML3 on trunk has no support
> for opengis Feature, and is implemented to bind purely to opengis
> SimpleFeature?
Any code we can has been updated to work with "Feature"; for example the
renderer should not be using SimpleFeature any more. But until we have
your datastore we have no ability to test/verify that this is started
(let alone done).
> (2) If this is the case, is there any plan to support complex features
> in GML3 on trunk?
You are the plan - Keep going :-)
> I would welcome any suggestions as to how I might use GML3 on trunk to
> implement complex features.
Commit a DataAccess; and start reporting problems and applying patches.