There is a list of changes at doc OGC 07-061

first, the theory...

"Note that since the target is backwards compatibility of the
instances and not the application schemas, outdated types (and
abstract elements) have been removed and not deprecated whenever
possible."

Moist changes seem to be deprecations and removal of previous
deprecations. There are a couple of changes, but I suspect they are
largely in stuff not implemented yet anyway:

A few highlights:

The default styling schema components have been made informative.

The "_" (underscore) in element names to indicate abstractness has
been replaced by "Abstract" as used in type names.

gml:EnvelopeWithTimePeriodType has been changed to match
gml:EnvelopeType. The two "timePosition"s have been replaced by
"beginPosition" and "endPosition".

gml:_MetaData and gml:metaDataProperty have been deprecated and have
been replaced by an abstract property type with an empty sequence plus
the gml:OwnershipAttributeGroup

All "*Name" elements in the coordinate reference system schema
components have been replaced by gml:name and as a result use
gml:CodeType as their type. The type gml:SimpleNameType has been
deleted.

gml:Envelope is not a geometry and the schema and document have been
updated accordingly.
• gml:CircleByCenterPointType should have been derived from
ArcByCenterPointType by restriction (removing the startAngle and
endAngle properties) rather than by vacuous extension. This has been
corrected.

in essence, we need to decide if we care about supporting deprecated
or removed stuff (an overly lax gml3.2), if so, what mechanism could
we use to catch such exceptions.

There is a lot unimplemented in both GML 3.1 and therefore GML3.2, and
IMHO we need to look at published schemas in a systematic way to catch
the things we need, and the INSPIRE GML3.2 schemas is a very good
place to start - make sure we can support all these and we'll catch
stuff in both GML 3.1 and 3.2 I suspect.

Can you explain how you'd propose organise the codebase? Bindings seem
good, nice handling of namespaces etc, but tests extend a GML3.1.1
bound setup for. I'm happy to do  the work, but want to be working to
a plan you are comfortable with, and I didnt see an obvious way of
extending the current implementation.

Rob