Ciao Andrea,
lf you go ahead and create the wiki page, me and the other
geosolutions guys will take care of going through the licenses of each
dependency that is actually shipped with geotools in order to report
them. I believe that instead of finding a specific solutions for the
gdal plugin it is better to spend a little effort in fixing things
from ground up.

Do we have a deal?

Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini