Simone Giannecchini ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>> just to clarify.
>> Our goal, is to include gdal support via the imageio-ext plugin in the
>> build for next release as part of our plugins, and  this means
>> dragging some imageio-ext dependencies into the build.
>> Since there were questions about licenses we tried to map, with great
>> help from aaime, licensing info from all (most??) geotools
>> dependencies to clarify the situation.
>> I am going to add the module to build today to see if there are any
>> problems. For next release I will create a file (licenses.txt,
>> third-party.txt, whatever.txt?) that we can include in the files we
>> give away so that we sum the result of the license investigation and
>> we cope with the advertisement clause.

Seems a good way to go in my opinion. It's an improvement over the
opaque situation we had before.
Licensing wise we may consider a switch to LGPLv3 or GPL3+Classpath,
but that's another step, imho it's good to solidify this first one
into a file that gets shipped. third-party-licenses.txt would
be a good name imho.

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org