Ben Caradoc-Davies ha scritto:
> Andrea Aime wrote:
>> Did you spot what exactly is not working, which spi resource is not
>> being properly read?
>
> org.geotools.data.DataAccessFactory
> org.geotools.filter.FunctionExpression
>
> which both have main versions and test versions. The test ones cannot go
> in main because they reference test classes, and (if I recall correctly)
> cause factory loading to fail.

Right. There is actually an open jira about the inability to have
separate output directories for src and test:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-422

I can see two paths:
- move back the eclipse output trick in a profile
- have the tests that need to register factories avoid using META-INF
   and roll a custom factory iterator instead. As far as I can see
   only three modules make use of test META-INF stuff:

find . -name services -type d | grep src/test
./modules/unsupported/app-schema/app-schema/src/test/resources/META-INF/services
./modules/unsupported/wfs/src/test/resources/META-INF/services
./modules/library/main/src/test/resources/META-INF/services

The second of course is bound to fail in other ways due to
other kinds of overwrites, but seems well worth the effort if
the module maintainer is using eclipse due to the reduced build times.

Opinions?

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org