Ciao Jody,
we discussed this with alessio before starting up this work again, but
maybe the message did come through clearly.
GeoServer is right now in RC and GeoTools, well, it is close to be in
that phase, therefore we foresse this work as touching base after both
thep rojects have forked a new trunk.
Now, this is certainly true for GeoServer, but for GeoTools it might
be disputable since we are talking about a part of the library which
is not exactly core, therefore your input and direction would be much
appreciated.

Ciao,
Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini