Sunburned Surveyor ha scritto:
> Christian,
>
> I don't have any plans to support interactive SVG at this point. I'm
> just trying to get my vector data into Inkscape.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.

Landon,
I think the module could be of interest and I see no reason for
not developing it in the GeoTools community section.

However, keep in mind that a library such as GeoTools is meant to serve
different purposes. You have every right to develop the module
following your own requirement, time/money availability, just
keep an open mind about possible future changes from other other
people that need it to behave in a different way (e.g., fast
and precise SLD driven generation, interactivity and whatnot).

I know of two ways to maximize that kind of reusability, either
you build the thing into small discrete piece that others can
reassemble to form a different whole or open plugin points
in the code that allow people to alter what you're doing (callbacks,
delegates).
If you have to choose the first is usually better imho,
but that's just me.

Looking forward to see you more involved in GeoTools :-)

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org