Christian Müller ha scritto:
> Yep, sounds good using {bbox}
> At the moment I have the problem with tons of views in my database. The
> virtual table concept could be a solution for this. If you like I would try
> to deploy virtual tables in Geoserver 2.x
> Is there anything preventing the patch to be applied to gt-2.6.x ?.
> Is there anything preventing virtual tables to work with geoserver 2.x ?
> Otherwise I would try a "real world" deployment.

I did not try to apply on 2.6.x, but I don't see any reason why they
should not work.

Mind that you'd be playing with a preliminary version, that the
{bbox} optimization is still to be made, and that I'd still like to
remove the views factory parameter in favor of programmatic
configuration + storing the view definition as a FeatureTypeInfo
metadata in GeoServer.

I'm also very hesitant on the idea of adding this functionality
to GeoServer 2.0.x, it would be better to add the set of changes
needed only to trunk imho

Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org