Andrea, I applied the patch to 2.6.x and it works

About: {bbox}
We could create a JIRA issue (improvement)

About: geoserver integration.

Since I will use the virtual tables within a pregeneralized feature, I
create the virtual tables programmatically.

I think your headaches are caused by the VIRTUAL_TABLES parameter which open
as a text field when creating a datastore ?

I tried comment out the VIRTUAL_TABLES stuff, no compile error.

Is this a possibility to apply this patch to 2.6.x ?
Otherwise I have to make my own special version.
This feature is like a weapon in my hands :-)