Wow, I took a quick lock at your code, excellent job.

I will reuse as much as possible, integrate and play the ball back to you.

Another question:

I would prefer delegating the job of cropping and scaling to oracle.

First determine the pixel width /height using
sdo_geor.getCellCoordinate

Now we can calculate the scale factor for the width/height requested
by the user.

Afterwards call a Orcale procedure doing
getRasterSubset and scaleCopy

We need no threads and get back a raster blob which we have to convert
into a BufferedImage.

Your opinion