Thanks Andrea:

One think I notice with both this proposal and your caching feature source is
that we could really stand to have a stable of features source wrappers to roll
out. I don't have my heart set on accessing them all from DataUtilities; but I
can see the attraction of not defining more new public API.

So yeah I use getView(); but can migrate to a DataUtilities.createView( source,
query ).

+1

Jody