+1 as well as far as I know this is never something that has been
implemented properly or well tested.

In ContentDataStore I attempted to implement it by having
ContentFeatureSource be able to "join itself" to another query / view.
But again never tested it.

-Justin

On 5/3/10 7:22 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Thanks Andrea:
>
> One think I notice with both this proposal and your caching feature source is
> that we could really stand to have a stable of features source wrappers to
> roll out. I don't have my heart set on accessing them all from DataUtilities;
> but I can see the attraction of not defining more new public API.
>
> So yeah I use getView(); but can migrate to a DataUtilities.createView(
> source, query ).
>
> +1
>

> Jody
>

> On 03/05/2010, at 11:01 PM, Andrea Aime wrote:
>
>> This is actually from Michael, I just moved into its own
>> thread to make it more visible:
>>
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Remove+DataStore+getView+method
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrea
>>
>> --
>> Andrea Aime
>> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
>> Expert service straight from the developers.

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org