We should stay on the list  .... and that stack trace should go into the bug
report :-)

So now we are making some progress it is ParameterGroup that is having trouble?
Those classes are not really supposed to be that mutable (and thus not need
cloning). Oh wait maybe it was ParameterGroupDescriptor that was not mutable ...

Can put a break point in your debugger and see what actual instance of
ParameterGroup is giving you trouble; and what the values of the parameter
group are?

The CRS code does its best to reuse and recycle objects (and to make object
immutable) so I am a bit shocked to see clone being used...

Jody