Hi Ben.

I think you are into proposal territory - ie a modification that would impact
our build process.

I like the idea of an alternative to storing stuff in svn we have now:
- http://svn.osgeo.org/geotools/branches/2.6.x/modules/ogc

Would you be able to migrate the existing schemas?

While it is amusing to watch these get versioned with the library; it would be
nicer if they were under there own namespace with version numbers
matching the specification represented. I would however still like the code
(well schemas) in this case to be somewhere under the control of the the
geotools project.

That is if we are publishing to the osgeo repository it would be good to
actually be able to point at the code involved and have anyone be able to build
from scratch and/or deploy it.

Justin had an idea of setting up code outside of the library for maven build
plugins; the idea of managing schemas would also fall under this.

So yeah write it up as a proposal; and I would like to see a plan for treating
the existing filter, wfs, wps, etc in a similar manner.  Indeed my concern is
that the library is consistent.

Jody