I think that kind of seals the deal andrea; you are the module maintainer. As I
recall the UOM patch mostly leverages api that was introduced for 2.6 but did
not yet function?

Is there any api changes at all introduced by the patch? If so we could talk
about them and see if they are significant.
Only real danger is if the SLD parser or transformer is effected; and even then
any changes should be additive.

Jody