Hi,

I am currently working on making WMS compatible with app-schema (complex features). I noticed that GetFeatureInfo can only output GML 2 (when choosing gml as output format). However complex features can't be encoded in GML2, only GML3.

Somehow GML3 will have to be supported in GetFeatureInfo to be able to support complex features. But how would be configured which version to use ? (without changing request specifications!)

Ben Caradoc-Davies has suggested that it shouldn't really be the user who specifies which version of GML to use. He has suggested that depending on which feature type is being returned, an appropriate (default?) version should be chosen or suggested by the data provider. Also considering that different versions of geosciml run on different versions of gml. This would hit the core of geotools, though. But Ben can probably explain this part better.

AnY thoughts?

--
*Niels Charlier*

Software Engineer
Phone: +61 8 6436 8914

Australian Resources Research Centre
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151