On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Milton Jonathan
<mil...@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>wrote:

> Thanks a bunch for the info, Andrea
>
> OK, I guess we can live with this for now.
>
> By the way, out of curiosity: how far is GeoTools 8.x from a stable
> version, any idea?

No idea, we haven't even discussed it.
However inn the past new major releases of GeoTools are made in synch the
GeoServer ones.
If we follow history I guess we would see the new release sometimes next
year.

I heard rumors that people might want to push for a release earlier, which
of course
would require extra quality related work, however even in that case I don't
see that
as very feasible until the end of the year (assuming we start pushing
towards release
related work, making alphas and betas, and fix outstanding issues that pop
up in
the process, very soon).

Ing. Andrea Aime
GeoSolutions S.A.S.