Yeah, i am thinking just names that the SDE approach is the best way to go.
I know the names are ugly but at least in the geoserver case the user can
set a different name if they want to.

I guess the only issue is code (mostly in the dialect) that takes schema as
a parameter. I guess the datastore will have to do quite a few checks for
which mode is in play, and split the qualified table names accordingly.

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org