In reference to your title:
http://www.utf8everywhere.org/

On 25/05/12 15:25, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Yep.
> http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/advanced/build/maven/index.html#use-of-notepad
> You are welcome to add that to the developers guide source code section
> if you like; right now it is just mentioned as part of the maven
> introduction.

OK, but IDEs are not usually the problem (few edit code in notepad). I
saw this in docs so we might need it in the doc guide.

> I also note the following warning:
> Mac:
> [WARNING] Using platform encoding (MacRoman actually) to read mojo
> metadata, i.e. build is platform dependent!
> Linux:
> [WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered
> resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
> Can we lock this down somehow in our parent pom?

Yes, please! I see heaps of:

[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered
resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!

in the resources and testResources phases under Maven 3. Be good to nail
down the build properties warnings as well; if we do not then we will
not notice when we do something that adds a new warning.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer