> > Sorry I did not look closely at the proposal, I only deprecated what it
> > described, and left the sort and subCollection methods in place (as it also
> > described). I will double check the remaining methods and update the
> > proposal page if you like. I am more focused on the patch right now.
> >

> The comments in the jira should be removed them, they are misleading.
Reading; ah yes that was just part of a very old email discussion.
> I would also remove the commented out portion out of the patch, as they add
> more confusion as well

Okay, it was basically what would happen for the 9.x branch. But yeah can do
that then.
> I think getDescriptor() is simply missing.
>
> Still don't get it. The need is either clear or it should be left out.
I don't get what you don't get :(

getSchema(): FeatureType (holds the type of the element of the feature
collection), consider rename to getType()?
getDescriptor(): AttribtueDescriptor (holds the name of the elements of the
feature collection)

There is a separate proposal to add getDescriptor(), we can choose if we want
to have getType() at that point in time, rather then hold up this "pre release
deprecation" check.