On 08/08/12 20:08, Andrea Aime wrote:
> I only managed to have a quick look at the patch so far, if you don't
> mind as the current referencing
> maintainer I would like to give it a better look during the weekend
> before it get committed.

Thanks, if you are the module maintainer I am more than happy for you
review the patch.

> What I'm wondering after this first look into the patch is the expected
> axis order of the new syntax.
> The urn form is supposed to be in lat/lon no matter what the referencing
> hints are, if the new one is
> going to be used for WFS I believe that also will have to respect the
> same rules as the URN one.

Exactly, that is the goal of the refactoring: common behaviour through
code reuse. The new HTTP URI form has the same lat/lon behaviour as the
URN form.

According to the javadoc, the implementation of the URN form is that
lon/lat can be forced by setting Hints.FORCE_AXIS_ORDER_HONORING to
include "urn". For HTTP URI this is "http-uri". Both factories ignore
this hint set to "http" (as recognised by HTTP_AuthorityFactory); this
appears to be tested in URN_AuthorityFactoryTest;
HTTP_URI_AuthorityFactoryTest does exactly the same. I say appears
because gt-referencing is a jungle and it is often hard to tell what is
going on.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>