Ahh, sorry, missed that the point was to have spaces :)

So yeah... i don't actually know... i just did a quick test creating an h2
db in a path with spaces and it worked ok for me on my mac so would have to
dig into this specific case more and perhaps try to do something that
does "suck
gigantically".

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org