We could even say "software" as well. Should we drop "Java"? There might
be Python, Javascript, and Scala bits, and more in the future. The Java
bit is descriptive, but not definitive. We could go crazy and rewrite it
in another language, like a future version of Java (I think you know who
I am talking about).  :-P

"GeoTools open source geospatial software toolkit", perhaps?

Framework is a bit too generic in my opinion. I think we need to include
the word "software" to make it clear that we are not talking about a
physical thing, which I think, from my reading of Frank's email, is
Google's concern.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>