On 12 December 2012 12:36, Ben Caradoc-Davies
<ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au> wrote:
> Framework is a bit too generic in my opinion. I think we need to include the
> word "software" to make it clear that we are not talking about a physical
> thing, which I think, from my reading of Frank's email, is Google's concern.

I read their concern as being that the current wording was so open it
was asking them to sign up to an undefined and possibly moving target.
Probably any of "software" or "toolkit" or "framework" or "library and
utilities" etc. would be an improvement.

I wouldn't drop "Java" from the description. I like the JTS model: a
reference implementation in Java with ports to other languages managed
as separate projects. Seems more "agile" :)

Michael