Hi all, I tried to solve the remaining issues.

Please update the javadocs in gt-app-schema-resolver and the user manual,
>> which still mention the old class names. You should probably move the
>> resolver section in the manual to xml, or wherever you think it makes most
>> sense. for your convenience, I have attached a listing of all mentions of
>> the old class names.
>>
>> I added a new section (resolving) in gt-xml docs, extracting info
specific to the 3 classes moved from app-schema-resolver to core (and I
removed the same docs from gt-app-schema-resolver).

> I think you have copied too much of the test resources to gt-xml (and thus
>> too much in review.apt). I think the top-level xml files and the catalog
>> stuff is only used by the tests that are still left in
>> gt-app-schema-resolver.  Please remove the duplication; you might then need
>> no review.apt changes at all.
>>

> Ok, I removed the extra unneeded files.

>> I am not sure about your synchronisation. SchemaResolver maintains
>> resolvedLocationToOriginalLoca**tionMap and I see no reason why you
>> cannot have multiple file resolved locations (e.g. the temporary file
>> created when concurrent downloads occur) for a single HTTP URI; the
>> resolver will fix your relative imports for you (that is its job). I still
>> see no synchronisation on resolvedLocationToOriginalLoca**tionMap; what
>> happens if two threads try to update this map concurrently? (Bad Things
>> Happen.) Can this ever happen? Is a SchemaResolver ever shared between
>> threads? But if not, then how will SchemaCache download synchronisation
>> occur (monitors are on instances)? I wonder if all synchronisation should
>> be handled at a higher level. As this is going into gt-xml, I would like to
>> defer to Justin's considerable expertise in this area.

I transformed resolvedLocationToOriginalLoca**tionMap to a
ConcurrentHashMap and synchronized updating accesses to it (the download
stuff was already synchronized in SchemaCache).

The branch is the usual one:
https://github.com/mbarto/geotools/tree/geot_4386_no_app_schema_resolver

Thanks
Mauro