The one question mark I have is that, because this patch adds a new
dependency, xml-commons-resolver, is it backwards compatible? This might
break builds of users who have manually collected dependencies and are
not using Maven. Do we support these users? Does a new non-test
dependency count as an incompatible change? I am inclined to say no, and
vote +1 for the backport, but I would like confirmation from core
developers.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 28/02/13 16:21, Mauro Bartolomeoli wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> as 8.7 release is finally out, could this be a good moment to merge
> SchemaResolver patch to 8.x branch?
>
> Just to remember a few things:
>   * this is the branch to merge:
> https://github.com/mbarto/geotools/tree/8.x_geot_4386
>   * the patch should be quite safe as it mantains code compatibility for
> app-schema modules and for GeoServer
>
> Any blocker? Could you please vote for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Mauro Bartolomeoli
>

> --
> ==