Why not just use temporal if it is supported, and filter out the endpoint
if required in SQL? Or filter any extra results away on client side?

Should be able to keep this detail inside the DataStore without an extra
parameter. Can you detect if temporal is supported during initial
connection?

I am mostly concerned about proposals for public api, for internal changes
you may be able to sort things out on the email list.