Hi, I have writen a proposal wiki page for this new feature.
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/Implement-a-pure-java-Dbase-indexing-to-optimize-shapefile-access

Best regardsAlvaro
      De: A Huarte <ahuart...@yahoo.es>
 Para: Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
CC: "geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net"
<geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Enviado: Lunes 9 de noviembre de 2015 2:21
 Asunto: Re: [Geotools-devel] [NEW FEATURE] Implement a pure java Dbase indexing

Hi, in order to avoid confusion, I would like to mention that I modified the
definition of the classes inheriting IndexManager of a new DbaseIndexManager as
previsous step to integrate fully the spatial and dbase indexing managers.
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/compare/master...ahuarte47:GEOS-6842_CdxDbaseIndex#diff-92177fcbab0ca3e01c1a3b7314142838R44

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regardsAlvaro