I set a Jenkins global environment variable M2_HOME of
/opt/apache-maven-3.3.9 and added $M2_HOME/bin to PATH in all the
(working = non-jira) release job scripts. This should override the Maven
3.0.4 in the system-level PATH on ares and cause the release job scripts
to run Maven 3.3.9. Please let me know if you see any release job failures.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
Director