Hi Jody,

our company is working on a fix for an issue I was discussing months ago on user list: https://sourceforge.net/p/geotools/mailman/message/35479331/

The problem is that there is no possibility to have time information along with date when using Oracle database with ImageMosaic plugin. Andrea Aime suggested mapping java.sql.Timestamp to database TIMESTAMP type (in the OracleDialect class) to preserve backwards compatibility.

The fix itself is trivial, it's just adding two lines of code: https://github.com/geotools/geotools/compare/master...MicroStep-MIS:oracle_timestamp

I have manually verified that it solves my problem. We are now trying to figure out a reasonable test case (the change does not fail any existing tests) so we can file a JIRA issue and submit a pull request. Unfortunatelly, we are not very familiar with the project's code base yet, so it takes more time than I expected.

We weren't aware of the code-freeze coming up so we took it slowly and not with high priority. Do you think it's a good idea to try to speed up things a bit and try to finish the PR this week?

To be more specific about the test case: we are taking inspiration from the org.geotools.data.oracle.OracleDataStoreOnlineTest.testCreateSchemaOSGBCrs() test:

1) create a SimpleFeatureType with a java.sql.Timestamp attribute
2) create an Oracle JDBCDataStore and instert some data with some specific date and time to it 3) read from the datastore and verify that the time information is not chopped off

I don't have any code right now since it's a colleague of mine who is responsible for coding it. I might post some code tomorrow if you agree that it's a good idea. Of cours, we welcome any advice in case we are missing something important.

Regards,

Peter Kovac,
MicroStep-MIS