I asked this a while ago, and got no response so I went ahead and fixed
GEOT-5920 <https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/projects/GEOT/issues/GEOT-5920> by
modifying like filters to take an Expression rather than the strictly
correct PropertyName (see commit
<https://github.com/geotools/geotools/commit/3d33f397d3a5e598585c38f72a9695b71be0702a>
).

I treated this as a bug, but seeing Andrea's proposal for Selection
Channels I now wonder if it should have been a proposal too?

BTW GEOT-5921
<https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/projects/GEOT/issues/GEOT-5921> remains
open if any one wants to look at it.

Ian