On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 3:21 PM Niels Charlier via GeoTools-Devel <
geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> 2) allow reprojection 3D->2D and only prevent 2D->3D reprojection
> (Andrea's suggestion).

Before this gets out of hand, my suggestion is limited to the CRS class
<https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/3642#discussion_r721165134>.
The class is not WFS specific, and should be representing the abilities of
GeoTools
coordinate reference subsystem truthfully, rather than being bent to the
needs
of a specific WFS use case.

The WFS related issue starts appearing at upper levels... but far sooner
than WFS itself,
because the GeoTools Query API is inspired by the WFS API (has only one
target CRS)
and the basic reprojection utility classes are geared towards the same
model, e.g.,
ReprojectFeatureReader.

That said, I don't believe the standard has suggestions as to what to do
regarding
reprojection of multiple geometry fields.... but I'm asking the OGC experts
about it.
Will report back here when I have an answer.

I might have missed some bits of the discussion, sorry, trying to do too
many things today...
but I felt I was being mis-represented and had to put a stop to it sooner
rather than later.

==

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313

fax:     +39 0584 1660272

mob:   +39  333 8128928

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/

http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail