Hello everyone,

I found a bug in app-schema that was recently introduced by https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-7214, a patch by Marco Volpini, but I am a bit confused about the changes and would like to know to what extent they are intentional. Bug logged at: https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-7214

The problem is situated here: https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/main/modules/extension/app-schema/app-schema/src/main/java/org/geotools/data/complex/AppSchemaDataAccess.java#L311

It seems that the true block of the if statement does not unroll the filter. But I am not sure if that could ever make sense or if this was somehow intentional. The changes are only tested by an online integration test on the geoserver side (GetFeatureNumberMatchedGMLTest). The only test method that actually goes inside the true block of the if statement is a test without a filter, so this is actually not being tested.

The problem occurs with an id filter rather than a property name filter. In this case the check does return true and since the filter is not unrolled it cannot work. What should actually happen here? Shouldn't I simply remove this if-statement and always unroll the filter?

Kind Regards

Niels