Arthur Zajonc and Parker Palmer: The Heart of Higher Education:A Call to
Renewal takes an inspiring, values-based approach to the purpose of higher ed.
Elizabeth AllisonCIIS

--- On Mon, 8/6/12, Karen T Litfin <lit...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

From: Karen T Litfin <lit...@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [gep-ed] The purpose of college teaching and how to achieve it
To: "Lisa Dilling" <lisa.dill...@colorado.edu>
Cc: "GEP List" <gep-ed@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, August 6, 2012, 4:48 PM

Hi Lisa,

Highly recommended and also relevant to global environmental politics: Chris
Uhl, Teaching As If Life Matters (Johns Hopkins, 2011).  Chris teaches
Environmental Studies at Penn State.

http://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/ecom/MasterServlet/SearchHandler

http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Life-Matters-Promise-Education/dp/1421400391/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344286075&sr=8-1&keywords=uhl+teaching

Enjoy!