Folks,

My friend, colleague and mentor Dr. Kathryn Harrison from The University of
British Columbia Department of Political Science (fellow GEP-ED-er) is
doing a project on the comparative politics of carbon taxation and she's
usually my go-to when I ask anything on carbon taxation. I've copied her on
this email and maybe you could follow up directly, Stacy?

Here's a couple of recent papers of hers on the topic
http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/pdf/10.1146/annurev.lawsocsci.093008.131545

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1541-1338.2012.00565.x/full

Yours always,
Raul

PS - Happy New Year everyone!

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Navroz Dubash <ndub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> and, relatively little known, but India has a "coal cess" the proceeds of
> which go into a clean energy fund. So not an economy wide carbon tax, but
> directed on coal.
>

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Neil E. Harrison <
> harri...@sd-institute.org> wrote:
>
>>  . . . and, of course, Australia. John Mikler of the University of
>> Sydney and I have a piece submitted to the Australian Journal of Politics
>> and History that looks at some of the effects of that new tax on business
>> investment,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> Neil E. Harrison, Ph.D.
>> Executive Director
>> The Sustainable Development Institute
>> P.O. Box 423 Laramie, WY 82073
>>
>> Author, *Constructing Sustainable Development *(Suny Press)
>> Co-Editor, *Science and Politics in the International Environment *(Rowman
>> and Littlefield)
>> Editor, *Complexity in World Politics *(Suny Press)
>> Editor, *Selected Topics in National and Regional Institutions and
>> Infrastructures *(UNESCO)* *
>> Author,* Sustainable Capitalism and the Pursuit of Well-Being *(in
>> preparation for Earthscan/Routledge)
>> Co-Editor, *Climate Innovation: Liberal Capitalism and Climate Change *(in
>> preparation for Palgrave Macmillan)
>>

>> ------------------------------

Dr. Raul Pacheco-Vega
Assistant Professor, Public Administration Division
CIDE, AC. (Centro de Investigacion y Docencia Economicas, A.C) Region Centro

Circuito Tecnopolo Norte S/N, Col. Hacienda Nueva
Aguascalientes, Ags. 20313, Mexico
Tel. (+52-449) 994-5150 x 5196
Cel. (+52-477) 134-0285
Website <http://www.raulpacheco.org> -
Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/raulpacheco>-
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/drpachecovega> - CIDE
webpage<http://cide.edu/investigador/profile.php?IdInvestigador=1266>

"Success seems to be largely a matter
of hanging on after others have let go."
*- William Feather *