Dear colleagues,

I am happy to point you towards a special issue on environmental justice
that a former colleague and associate researcher of ours, Jonas Hein, has
guest-edited with the time-honoured geographer's journal "Die Erde". It
includes a number of interesting empirical case studies from around the
globe.

Please see below for further details, including open access link.

Best, Steffen

Betreff:
Special Issue “Narratives and practices of environmental justice”
published (Articles on Mexico, Argentina, Brazil)
Datum:
2020-09-03 10:21
Von:
Jonas Hein <h...@geographie.uni-kiel.de>

Dear colleagues,
We are very happy and proud to inform you that the special issue
“Narratives and practices of environmental justice” compiling the results
of last year’s Enjust workshop has just been published in the open access
journal “DIE ERDE – Journal of the Geographical Society of Berlin”. The
articles are available online:
https://www.die-erde.org/index.php/die-erde/issue/view/45
The special issue includes a diverse set of empirical and conceptual
contributions on environmental justice. The articles advance new
conceptual ideas (e.g. on participation, epistemic justice,
socioecological justice, Environmental Justice Incommensurabilities
Framework) and provide very interesting insights into ongoing struggles
for environmental justice and into the role that narratives play in such
struggles. Empirically, the contributions range from resistance against
hydropower initiatives (Turkey and Brazil), to movements against coal
(Egypt) and bio-ethanol production (Argentina) to spatial flood risk
management (Austria and Netherlands) and urban mobility (Mexico).
We very much welcome any type of feedback, and we hope this special issue
will provide new insights into this ongoing debate.
Best wishes from Kiel,
Florian and Jonas
--
Dr. Jonas Hein