***Apologies for cross-posting!***

Dear all,

The deadline to submit abstracts <https://www.apsanet.org/annualmeeting> for
the American Political Science Association's (APSA) annual conference has been
extended to this Thursday, January 28, 2021! The Environmental Politics and
Theory Related Group <https://www.apsanet.org/RESOURCES/Related-Groups>
welcomes proposals on any topic in environmental politics and theory, and
especially those related to this year's conference theme, “Promoting
Pluralism." You can find our group's CFP below, as well as here
<https://connect.apsanet.org/apsa2021/related-group-calls/>. You can also find
instructions for how to submit an abstract for the APSA conference, and how to
join the EP&T Related Group, here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bsAYbBDn7-7q2dYCwgLjv5143h6hGH6W57Ha52roUoc/edit?usp=sharing>.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me
(gkout...@hamilton.edu <mailto:gkout...@hamilton.edu>) or Mary Witlacil
(witla...@colostate.edu <mailto:witla...@colostate.edu>).

Here’s hoping we will be able to meet in-person in Seattle in Fall of 2021!

Best,

Mary Witlacil and Gregory Koutnik

Environmental Politics and Theory Co-Chairs

2021: Environmental Politics and Theory Group: CFP

In the spirit of APSA’s 2021 theme, “Promoting Pluralism,” the Environmental
Politics and Theory Related Group calls for papers which embody or examine the
inherent methodological, demographic, and theoretical diversity of the field.
We are particularly interested in work that explores the complex
interconnections between global environmental politics, widely celebrated
political values (like toleration, mutual respect, democracy, and political
equality), and developing socio-political trends (including the rise of new
authoritarianisms, increasingly trenchant racism and nationalism, yawning
inequality, and powerful, youth- and minority-led protest movements). What can
the diverse methods of political theorists and scientists tell us about our
manifold environmental crises, or how to address them? What do prevailing
approaches problematically tend to obscure? Which thinkers or
bodies-of-knowledge—from indigenous studies to neo-classical economics—are
environmental-politics scholars under-utilizing or overlooking, and why is this
a problem? What could the field, as a whole, be doing to draw in and amplify
voices that have too often been left out, silenced, or ignored? How should
scholars, societies, and governments attempt to navigate the tensions between
the inherently global nature of environmental politics and the inexorably local
experience of environmental change? What can they do to reconcile the often
alienatingly technocratic aspects of environmental policy and policymaking with
the popular and democratic politics needed for such policies to succeed? While
the Environmental Politics and Theory Related Group especially welcomes
proposals that engage the themes and issues described above, any submission
that addresses the wide-ranging issues relevant to environmental politics and
theory will be considered. In keeping with APSA’s goals of increasing
diversity, inclusion, and access throughout the profession, we also strongly
encourage proposals from scholars who belong to historically underrepresented
groups, especially including those from minority racial and ethnic communities,
low-income and working-class families, non-Anglophonic countries, and the
LGBTQI community.